Nov 28, 2010

Oven-dried Tomatoes

 

The other day I was blog-hopping and bumped into this post by PurpleFoodie. Having always loved the taste of sun-dried tomatoes, I immediately tried this on half-a dozen tomatoes that I had in the fridge, and lo.. they were ready – my own first batch of oven-dried tomatoes.

DSCF7365

They tasted awesome, and yes, this was what was left by the time I got around to photograph them. That is a testimony of how good they were! :) I haven’t used them in a pasta or a pizza yet, but I plan to make another batch soon and use them for that purpose.

The only deterrent, if at all, that can stop me from making these would be the time. It takes atleast 2-3 hrs of prep time, and 2 hrs of electricity and oven running. For all that effort, it seems like a little return :)

3 comments:

  1. Best is do sun dried tomatoes in summer-save on the electricity. I would hate to run the oven for 3 hours myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I love Sun-dried tomatoes too. Miss you re on Twitter :|

    ReplyDelete
  3. No pain...no gain....love those dried tomatoes.....

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you... know if you liked the recipes, photographs or if you plain vanilla want to talk to me...