Jun 30, 2011

Just one ingredient. Yes!

 

Dessert with one ingredient!
Yes, it is. Its completely possible, and is yummiliciously yummy. And yes, so soft that you can scoop it up. And so healthy that you don’t need to add a single tablespoon of sugar, or feeling guilty about eating an entire tin of this one. And no, I am not kidding, you do not have to hate me for this introduction either! :)

During a fun evening where I and this friend were exchanging tips on food and generally yapping about food, she told me about the concept called Single Ingredient ice-cream, the basic steps on how to do it, and asked me to read up a bit more about it, which I did.
Its the simplest EVER recipe to the yummiest EVER ice-cream. No, seriously!

Peel one banana, freeze it till it gets rock hard, blend in a mixer to a paste, and re-freeze it. And lo, you have the yummiest ice-cream ever.

Photo_597837E5-2194-B04A-4A1C-EDC8F9FDFF0D

Recipe Courtesy : My friend S, and this link.

You can make your own variations to this recipe, by adding choco chips, blueberries, cocoa powder or anything else into the paste before re-freezing it. More ideas here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you... know if you liked the recipes, photographs or if you plain vanilla want to talk to me...