Dec 14, 2011

Nutmeg Cranberry Cake

The original recipe for this cake is Arundati’s, and I’ve even replicated the cake couple of months back. But this time when I began to make it, I added some modifications. I reduced the liquid content because I felt the batter would be too runny. I added some berries, and I made the entire cake with AP flour.

These ingredients make a decent 8” cake , and can feed a dinner party easily. You can add some rum glaze to this to spice it up, or have it as it is.

IMG_8580

Ingredients

1 C AP flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp finely powdered dry ginger
1/2 tsp powdered nutmeg
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 C honey
1/2 C yogurt
1/3 C thick cream
A pinch salt
1/2 C dried cranberries

Instructions

Butter a 8” round cake tin or line it with parchment paper. Preheat the oven to 185C.
Sift all the dry ingredients together.
Mix all the wet ingredients together.
Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour the wet ingredients in it. Gently fold and then fold in the dried cranberries.
Pour into the cake tin and bake for 30 mins, or till the tester comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you... know if you liked the recipes, photographs or if you plain vanilla want to talk to me...