Mar 4, 2012

One love… Garlic bread!

 

Is there anyone under this big, bright, beautiful, blue sky who doesn’t love Garlic bread? One person? Show me one person who doesn’t and I’ll make him a convert. :-D

IMG_9507

I was lost in this big world of numerous garlic bread choices, wondering which one to make my favourite, and then my dear friend, Nandita told me how to make my own garlic bread. Its the simplest ever method to make your own garlic bread, though not from scratch.

Well, my favourite store-bought one is the one you get in Dominos pizza, their garlic breadsticks are plain awesome. A close second is the Spicy garlic bread they serve in Little Italy.

N’s recipe was simple – get some baguette or any French bread, toast it in the oven for 10 mins, and rub garlic cloves on it. You’ll look in wonder as the bread soaks up the garlic as if it were butter, and taste divine. If you are, like me , averse to eating white bread, you can try this with brown bread too. But yeah, cut out the slices if you don’t want a real toasty one.

IMG_9496

Try this one, and tell me how if you don’t like it!

And then I saw another method of making Garlic bread, which sounded awesome-r. This simple ever recipe gives you scope to improvise, add your own ingredients and flavour to the bread, and lets you still enjoy the flavour of garlic.

Recipe inspired by MyRecipes

Ingredients [Serves for 4 slices of bread]

Butter – 1 Tbsp
Garlic cloves – 4, minced
Dried Oregano – 1 Tsp
Dried Thyme – 1/2 Tsp
Salt & Pepper – to taste

Brown/Wheat Bread – 4 slices

Instructions

In a small pan, melt the butter and add all the ingredients except salt and pepper to this. Sauté them well.

Brush this mixture on the bread slices, and toast them in a pre-heated oven for 5-6 mins at 200C.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you... know if you liked the recipes, photographs or if you plain vanilla want to talk to me...