Apr 10, 2012

Peanut Butter Cookies

Ever since I made the Peanut Butter at home, I’ve not been able to get it out of my head. In order to satiate this peanut butter craving, and also to make something sweet for my dessert-loving Father-in-law, I decided to make Peanut butter cookies.

IMG_9848

I took this recipe as an inspiration, and modified it a bit to make it eggless and more peanut butter-y. It took me 20 min to put together the entire cookie dough and another 10 min per batch to bake it. In short, in exactly 30 min, I had warm cookies , which both FIL and I relished as our after-dinner snack. :-)

IMG_9835

Recipe inspired by ChefInYou
Ingredients
Butter – 100 gm, at room temperature
Peanut Butter – 3/4 C
Brown sugar – 3/4 C
Honey – 2 Tbsp
Vegetable Oil  - 1/4 C
Vanilla extract – 1 Tsp
AP Flour – 2 C
Baking soda – 3/4 Tsp
Peanuts – 1/2 C ,skinned , roasted and coarsely ground
Chocolate chips – 1/4 C

IMG_9840


Method
Cream butter,peanut butter and sugar together until fluffy.
Beat in honey ,oil and vanilla.

Toss the flour with soda in a separate bowl.
Slowly mix the liquid ingredients into the dry and stir gently.
Fold in the peanuts and chocolate chips.
Drop the mixture on a greased baking sheet by rounded tablespoon.
Bake for 10-12 min in a pre-heated oven at 175 C
Serve warm with milk, or eat as a snack. Don’t think about the butter and enjoy the cookies! :-)

2 comments:

  1. did you use a fork to get that design?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, made that pattern by pressing the fork. Thats what ChefinYou did too :)

      Delete

I would love to hear from you... know if you liked the recipes, photographs or if you plain vanilla want to talk to me...