Feb 17, 2013

Sriracha Sauce

I haven’t heard or known about Sriracha sauce till I read the recipe on White on Rice’s blog, and I was set in my mind to try this one out the minute I finished reading the recipe. What's not to like in this recipe!

Sriracha Sauce-5

The base of this recipe is red chillies, so use as much as or little as you want. The more you use, the hotter your sauce is, obviously!

Sriracha Sauce-3

Sriracha Sauce-1

Its spicy, feels like fruity and sounded like a great starter for everything oriental that I would want to cook. So there, I decided to make it vegetarian and have a stock of it in my fridge.

Sriracha Sauce-4

Sriracha Sauce (Vegetarian)
Level - Medium
Preparation time - 30 min
Recipe courtesy - White on Rice

Ingredients
Red chillies, finely chopped - 1.5C
Tomato, chopped - 1C
Onion, finely chopped - 1/2 C
Spring onion, finely chopped - 1/2 C
Balsamic vinegar - 2 Tbsp
Soya Sauce - 1 Tbsp
Salt - 1 Tsp or to taste
Sugar - 1 Tbsp
Mustard oil - 1 Tbsp

Instructions
Heat the oil in a deep and thick bottomed pan.
Sauté the onions and spring onions together till they are both cooked.
Add the tomatoes and chopped chilli pieces to this and continue heating on a low flame, till all the ingredients are cooked.
Pour the balsamic vinegar and soya sauce over these and mix well.
Now add the sugar and salt to this and let this simmer for another 10 min, or till the liquid from the ingredients evaporates.
Let these vegetables cool and pulse them in a mixer-grinder or in a blender till all the ingredients form into a smooth paste.
Store in an airtight and dry container for up to a month in the fridge.

I’ve used this sauce as starter for noodles, pastas or as a spread for sandwiches or in some flavored rice. All these options tasted awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you... know if you liked the recipes, photographs or if you plain vanilla want to talk to me...