May 10, 2013

A simple Vegetable Stir-Fry

Stir-Fry… a word I shy away from, because of its Chinese food relationship. Yeah, I know its not really a Chinese only dish, but I’ve come to associate this dish with Chinese food and hence ajinomoto , something I detest with a passion.

IMG_2396

But to go with the Grilled Tofu with Sesame Rice I made this stir-fry. The decision to make this was almost instant and hence this comes with absolutely no prior preparation. Whipped up in a jiffy and gobbled up much faster, this is one heck of an easy dish!

IMG_2385

Vegetable Stir-Fry

Serves - 2
Level – Easy
Preparation time – 15 min

Ingredients

Broccoli + Cauliflower florets - 1 C, Blanched
French Beans + Carrots - 1/2 C, blanched
Green chillies - 1, slit length wise, and cut in inch pieces
Spring onions - 1/2 C, chopped fine
Onions - 1, medium sized, finely diced
Soya sauce - 1 Tbsp
Sriracha sauce or Chilli sauce - 1 Tbsp
Sesame oil - 1+1  Tbsp
Ginger garlic paste - 1 Tbsp
Sugar - 1 Tsp (optional)
Salt - to taste
Water - 1/4 C

Instructions

Sauté the onions, spring onions and ginger-garlic paste together till they are golden brown.
Added the blanched veggies to this and sauté for a couple of minutes.
Now add the soya and Sriracha/chilli sauce, some water and let this stay on a medium flame for 5 min.
Add sugar and salt to this now.

Serve hot with fried rice.
I served this with Grilled Tofu and Sesame Rice, for a yummy Oriental themed meal.

4 comments:

  1. I have an aversion for Chinese food for the same reasons as you, but willingly make my own stir-fries at home all the time because I know exactly what goes in them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep... am now on a lookout for good Chinese noodle and stir-fry recipes which I can make at home, and which wouldn't have any of those artificial ingredients!

      Delete
  2. Nice recipe! I really love cooking and eating stir fry, because it's very easy to cook, healthy and delicious. I would like to try this one later for my dinner, because it's very attractive.

    Stir Fry Vegetables

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do, Dan, and let me know how it worked out for you.

      Delete

I would love to hear from you... know if you liked the recipes, photographs or if you plain vanilla want to talk to me...