Dec 2, 2013

Back, but not yet! :-)

I know I’ve vanished… for a full month and more. But trust me when I say, life has happened, and in a good gooood way! :-)

I went on a 10 day vacation to Greece, which was essentially a hiking holiday, and ate tons of good food there. I hope to be able to recreate some of my favorites in my kitchen and do a Greek food series and share them all with you! Coz, as far as food goes, I am almost sure that I cannot eat better vegetarian food anywhere else in the world , except India, of course. :-) More about this holiday, here.

Greek Sesame bread

[Featured above, Greek sesame bread, a Greek breakfast staple. Sold at 1 Euro per bread, this one is both yummy and makes for a great meal at the same time! This also happens to be the only photo of food that I shot during my entire visit to Greece. The rest of the times, the food vanished as soon as it reached our table. :-)]

And then a major move in job happened. I finally got over my comfort zone and made this move, which is currently keeping me busy, in a good way. Everyday is a learning, and am sure I will grow as a human being in this job also.

Amidst all this, I got an opportunity to speak at The Birthplace at a Nutrition event. I was the chef and I demo-ed some recipes and shared some with the pregnant women who attended the talk. I got to partner with Sunitha Sapur, an esteemed nutritionist , and learnt a lot in the process. I’ve always been a fan of her methods, but I got to see first hand how interesting her ingredients can be. She suggested the ingredients and I made up recipes using those. Some were modifications of the recipes I already had on this blog, while some were totally new. And appreciated a lot. :-D

Nutrition talk at The Birthplace

Oh, I almost forgot to mention. My dear dear computer died on me. Well, the mother board did, and I was almost crippled. I had a lot of recipes saved on this comp, and I couldn’t access any of those, which is also why I took this hiatus. Now the comp is back, thanks to Husband’s relentless efforts, and I have all the data intact, and I hope to be back… back to blogging, shooting and writing! :)

And , closing the year with a bang! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you... know if you liked the recipes, photographs or if you plain vanilla want to talk to me...