Feb 17, 2012

Hot Chocolate, inspired by a book


This is Valentine’s Day week, and as I-don’t-think-love-needs-a-day as I am, I am not letting this blog go without posting atleast one chocolate recipe this week.

IMG_9216
And the chocolate... Do you see the nutmeg sprinkled on top?

I lifted the recipe directly from The Language of Baklava, a book I read a couple of months ago. I was sooo in love with the book and the recipes in it that I read it back to back in just under 2 days, I think. More about the book on my other blog, here.



IMG_9207

The instructions are pretty much the same, but I used different quantities of the ingredients to suit my taste. So use this as a template, and change it as you wish to make the thickest or the sweetest or the most flavourful hot chocolate.

Ingredients
Bitter sweet chocolate bar – 75 gms [I used 1/8th of a large cooking/baking chocolate bar]
Sugar – 2 tbsp
Milk – 2 Cups
Cinnamon powder – 1/4 tsp
Nutmeg powder – 1/4 tsp
Thick whipped cream (optional) – as much as you wish

Instructions
Mix all the ingredients, and heat them on a low flame till all the chocolate melts and gives the colour to the milk. Keep stirring to avoid the chocolate to stick to the vessel, and transfer to a mug once done.

IMG_9223
Of course, how could I not serve chocolate in a mug! :)

Serve hot.
Enjoy with a morning newspaper or at tea-time or before you go to bed.
Aphrodisiac and all, you see… *wink*

3 comments:

  1. umm. why aphrodisiac only in the night? :P Jab bhi chahiye lelo na?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolute indulgence. Can't wait for Valentine's for this one. Especially with all ingredients at hand. So aphro...here I come.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you... know if you liked the recipes, photographs or if you plain vanilla want to talk to me...