Jul 19, 2012

Spaghetti all’ aglio e olio


Only the other day did I realize that I didn’t post the recipe to this pasta, the easiest ever and my most favourite pasta. Its so easy and so awesome that this is my forever back-up dinner dish. If I am down, or if I don’t know what to eat, and am in not a mood for some Khichdi, then Aglio Olio it is… Yes.

IMG_0628

Traditionally, this recipe has just the basic ingredients – garlic, chilli flakes and pesto all sautéed in some fragrant olive oil and mixed with a pasta of your choice and garnished with lots of parmesan cheese. And when I make this, there is always a garlic overdose, because of the never-ending love I proclaimed to garlic ! :) And I have omitted parmesan cheese ever since I learnt that parmesan contains calf rennet… all hard cheeses do. I now serve this pasta with a slice of cheddar, and drizzle some extra virgin olive oil on top for the flavour.
Ingredients [Serves 1]Spaghetti – A fistful. [For this photograph, I used Waitrose’s Vermicelli nests]
Pesto – 1 Tbsp
Chilli flakes – 1 Tsp
Garlic – 6-8 cloves, diced fine
Salt – To taste
Olive oil – 2 Tbsp
Dried oregano – 1 Tsp, optional
Dried or Fresh Basil leaves – 2 Tbsp or a handful respectively, if not using pesto

Instructions
Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the pack, drain and keep aside.
Heat the olive oil in a pan, and add the garlic pieces, chilli flakes and pesto or basil and sauté well.
Season with salt and oregano if using.
Add the cooked pasta to this and mix well.

Serve hot with some toasted pine nuts, and warm toasted garlic bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you... know if you liked the recipes, photographs or if you plain vanilla want to talk to me...