Nov 28, 2011

Chocolate Peanut Butter… yum!

Peanuts have always been a favourite in our house. Apart from the usual addition of peanuts to poha , bhendi curry and peanut butter, I also eat peanuts as they are, with some jaggery. It is a sort of comfort food for me. When I am down, I eat it. When I don’t know what to eat, I snack on it. And when I feel like eating something healthy and yet sweet, this is it for me. It is the best combination, EVER. Trust me.

I got only one box of Nutella into the house so far, and had loved it, so when the comparison of Nutella with this recipe came in, I knew I had to try this, right away.

To suit my storing jar, and my taste , I used the ingredients in a different ratio. The jaggery got liquidy very soon, and I noticed that I needed more than 1/4 cup of olive oil as was given in the original recipe. And since I like chunky peanut butter, I did not blend this into a thick paste.
In short ,this recipe is so flexible that you can change it to suit your taste and style of eating.

Right now, I need help. To stop eating this. :)
Tomorrow, it is going to be bread toast with this chocolate peanut butter. :-D

Recipe Courtesy – Chinmayee at Love Food Eat

IMG_0001

Ingredients
1 cup Roasted skinless peanuts
1/3 cup jaggery
1/4 cup cocoa powder (I used Cadbury’s)
1/3 cup olive oil (I used extra virgin)
Salt

Instructions
Mix the roasted peanuts, jaggery , cocoa powder and salt in a mixer grinder. Blend it till it reaches your desired powder-y state and becomes powdery. Transfer the contents of the mixer jar into a vessel , drizzle olive oil and keep mixing the ingredients till a jam-like-consistency is achieved.

For more ideas on what to eat this with, and some beautiful pics, check out Chinmayee’s blog!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for trying out this recipe! Glad you likes it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like the aftermath of Thai Weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chinmayie, It was wonderful! :)

    V, Oh is it? At first glance, I thought it looks like remains of your brain. When I beat it to a pulp.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you... know if you liked the recipes, photographs or if you plain vanilla want to talk to me...