Oct 19, 2010

Banana choco-chip cake

 

I bumped into this recipe when I was searching for some fruit based cakes. I had grown tired of baking the same recipes over and over again, and so this one was a total welcome bake. The banana flavour blended with the chocolate flavour and tasted heavenly. This is a dense cake, and I followed the recipe to the T. This yielded me one 6’ round cake, and two 3’x2’ square tin full of cakes, which I gave to friends who seemed to like this too.

photo11

So here it is. I slightly modified the recipe from here, to make it eggless.

Ingredients:

1 3/4 cup Flour
2 tsp Baking Powder
¼ tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Salt
¾ cup Brown Sugar
2/3 cup Chocolate chips
3 Bananas (overripe), peeled. You can either mash them or paste them.
1/6 cup Oil
4 tbsp thick yogurt

Procedure:

Preheat the oven to 200C and grease the cake tins.

Sieve the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda together. In a large mixing bowl, mix the yogurt and sugar together. Add the oil to this mixture and whisk well.

Mix the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients just about enough. Add the choco chips to this mixture and fold in.

Pour in the cake tins and bake for about 30 mins at 200C or till tester is clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you... know if you liked the recipes, photographs or if you plain vanilla want to talk to me...