Jan 11, 2012

Garden Salad, with honey dressing

Yet another meal for one, and with all the fresh vegetables in the fridge, I decided to make salad. That way the only way I could use them all at once, without them going bad. I searched around online for dressing ideas, for something involving honey. A dash of lime, lot of honey, some olive oil and lots of herbs to pep up this dressing, and the salad was brilliant. It must’ve been the choice of vegetables, nuts and berries I used, but I loved this salad. And this dressing too.

IMG_8798

Ingredients
For the Salad
Zucchini – 1, chopped in inch sized pieces
Broccoli – 1 , cut into florets
Tomato  – 2, chopped in big chunks
Bell pepper – 1, chopped into longish inch sized pieces
Raisins – a handful
Walnuts – a handful
Cranberries – a handful

For the dressing
Olive oil – 1 tbsp
Lemon juice – juice of one lemon
Honey – 2 tbsp
Basil – 1 tsp
Oregano – 1 tsp
Ground pepper – 1 tsp
Chilli flakes – 1 tsp
Salt – To taste

IMG_8791

Ingredients

Mix the dressing ingredients, and toss the salad ingredients along with the dressing in a salad bowl.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you... know if you liked the recipes, photographs or if you plain vanilla want to talk to me...