Jan 10, 2012

Make your own Chilli Flakes!

 

Am sure Domestic-Goddesses have been doing this since forever, but I just bumped into this idea, and so, here it is.

Every time my Mother-in-law visits, she makes some podis for her son – KaarraPodi, KandiPodi, ChutneyPodi. And after all those podis are done, there is always a surplus of red chillis in the house, which I almost never use. Using it in the tadkas also will take me atleast two years to completely use up all the chillis we stock.

And so I thought I’d roast them a bit, and make my own batch of chilli flakes. For the non-Indian food.

IMG_8777

Instructions

Place the red chillis on a baking tray, and grill them for 3 minutes, or till you smell the chillis in the kitchen. :-)
Put them in a mixer-grinder jar and run them under the incher. Just once.
Just enough to mince them but not grind them.
Store in an airtight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you... know if you liked the recipes, photographs or if you plain vanilla want to talk to me...