Sep 3, 2010

Bruschettas… Yaay!

 

Yes! I made Bruschettas. First time ever! And I can’t stop grinning. They have been a favourite with both of us since forever and these actually made the husband so excited that he even asked for some bread based dish for dinner also!

Of course, as usual the inspiration came from Nandita, but the achievement here is that I did not look up for the recipe. I just went through the taste in my mind and made up the list of ingredients. I still haven’t looked up for the correct recipe, coz I loved mine so much.

Ingredients:

For the topping:

3 ripe big tomatoes, de-seeded and chopped into small pieces

1 big onion, chopped into small pieces

2-3 tbsps olive oil

1 dollop basil pesto sauce

Salt & Pepper for taste

Oregano, if required for taste

For the bread:

Baguette. But I used regular whole wheat bread. Cut it into pieces and baked it at 200C for 5 mins. Rub in peeled garlic clove into it. Its amazing to see how the garlic clove melts and sticks to the bread.

Procedure:

Mix all the ingredients for topping. Place small quantities of this on the baked bread pieces.

Serve and gorge!

58394_421965683363_694543363_5057773_3351213_n

Now, I made these as a tester to see if they’d be good if I make them when S and her family came over tomm. They tasted so great that we had these for dinner that day. Yes, one full loaf of bread between the two of us! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you... know if you liked the recipes, photographs or if you plain vanilla want to talk to me...