Aug 18, 2013

Almost Caprese Salad

Who doesn’t love the simple and refreshing Caprese salad, tell me?

Caprese Salad

In this recipe, I’ve tried to reproduce the fresh taste of the salad, but gave it my own spin.

I’ve not added rocket or any salad leaves. I’ve used a mixture of Mozzarella and Cheddar cheeses and I’ve used Thai basil instead of Italian. And I loved it!

Caprese Salad

Almost-Caprese salad
Preparation time – 15 min
Level – Easy
Serves – 1

Ingredients
Tomatoes – 3, cubed
Cucumber – 1 , cubed
Thai basil – A couple of leaves
Olive oil – 1 Tbsp
Balsamic Vinegar – 1 Tbsp
Salt – To taste
Pepper – 1/2 Tsp, crushed
Cheese – 1/2 C, cubed [I used Britannia Mozzarella and Cheddar cheese]

Instructions
Prepare the dressing by mixing the vinegar, olive oil and salt together.
Plate the ingredients together and pour the dressing over this. Sprinkle crushed pepper.
Shred the basil leaves on the salad and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you... know if you liked the recipes, photographs or if you plain vanilla want to talk to me...