Aug 24, 2013

Carrots with Honey & Chilli dressing

I don’t know why, but this salad is also called The Classic Moroccan Salad in this article, from which I’ve been inspired for this recipe. I guess its because of the use of toasted cumin and the raisins in this salad, which are a total hit, by the way!

Carrots with Honey & Chilli dressing

I first tasted the honey and chilli dressing during a food review I did for Syn and I’ve been itching to try this ever since. The sweet and chilli combination just bursts in your mouth and you will be pleasantly surprised. For this salad , you could you just the honey as a dressing, but I strongly suggest you try this dressing! :-)

Honey & Chilli dressing

Toasted cumin adds character and crunch to this salad and the sultanas I used just deepened the sweet flavour. All in all, this was one heck of a yummy salad which also satisfied by sweet tooth!

Carrots with Honey & Chilli dressing

Carrots with Honey & Chilli dressing
Level – Easy
Preparation time – 15 min
Serves – 1

Ingredients
Carrots – 2, cleaned, peeled and julienned
Raisins or Sultanas – 1/2 C
Cumin – 1 Tbsp, toasted
For the dressing
Honey – 1/4 C
Chilli flakes – 1 Tsp
Salt – To taste
Olive oil – 1/2 Tbsp
Coriander leaves – a few, for garnish, optional

Instructions
Mix all the dressing ingredients together.
Toss carrots with toasted cumin seeds and raisins and pour the dressing on top.
Garnish if you feel like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you... know if you liked the recipes, photographs or if you plain vanilla want to talk to me...