Aug 6, 2013

Radish & Raw Mango salad

Well, I can see how many of you would wrinkle your nose as you read radish and raw mango in the same sentence.

Radish & Raw Mango salad

I get that, I totally do. Well, this wasn’t the favourite of my salads, either, but as I mentioned before, I have to eat all vegetables and I can only try my best in making them interesting.

To give it due credit, both radish and mango complement each other pretty well. And the mint chutney based dressing only makes it more interesting. Do give it a try.

Radish & Raw Mango salad

Radish & Raw mango salad
Preparation time – 15 min
Serves - 1
Inspired by
101 Salads on NYTimes

Ingredients
Salad
Radishes – 2, finely sliced
Raw mango – 1/4 , finely chopped
Mixed sprouts – 1/4 C, boiled

Dressing
Mint chutney – 1 Tsp [You can also use a combination of minced mint + green chilli + garlic]
Lime juice – 1 Tbsp
Salt – to taste
Coriander leaves – a handful, optional

Instructions
Keep all the salad ingredients ready.
Mix the dressing ingredients and keep aside.
Right before serving, plate the salad ingredients on the serving plate and pour the dressing over this.
Serve immediately.

1 comment:

  1. Miam! Love the simplicity coming from this dish! Did you use Chinese daikon or? I just followed you on feedly!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you... know if you liked the recipes, photographs or if you plain vanilla want to talk to me...