Aug 23, 2013

Soba Noodle salad with Asian peanut dressing

The ring of the words ‘Asian Peanut Dressing’ literally made me drool when I read this recipe first. And I knew I had to try the noodle salad with Asian peanut dressing.
Soba Noodles with Asian peanut dressing
The grated ginger and soya add a zing to the otherwise bland-in-a-salad peanut butter and thus a new dressing is born! :-)
Asian peanut dressing
Using crunchy peanut butter will up the crunch content of this recipe, but I used smooth peanut butter and it tasted just fine. I used sesame seeds for the crunch and mustard oil for the zing (Yeah, I know. I have to get over this mustard oil obsession!)
You can add any vegetables you want for this salad as usual, but I wanted to test the fresh tender beans I had at hand. I steamed the vegetables slightly to remove the raw taste and served this yummy salad.
Soba Noodles with Asian peanut dressing
Soba Noodle Salad with Asian peanut dressing
Level – Easy
Preparation time – 20 min
Serves – 1

Ingredients
Soba noodles – 15-20 strands, cooked per instructions on the box
Fresh French beans – a handful, cleaned and cut in long pieces
Peas – 1/2 C
For the dressing
Peanut butter – 1/2 C
Ginger – 1 inch piece, grated
Soya sauce – 1 Tbsp
Mustard Oil – 1 Tbsp
Sesame seeds – 1 Tbsp
Rice wine vinegar – 1 Tbsp
Green chillies – 1, chopped fine
Hot water – 1/2 C, to whisk the dressing

Instructions
Add all the dressing ingredients together and keep aside.
Steam the French beans and peas together for a couple of min in a microwave.
Serve the salad by plating the noodles , beans and peas together. Pour the dressing on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you... know if you liked the recipes, photographs or if you plain vanilla want to talk to me...