Aug 12, 2013

Grilled Carrot & Chick pea salad

Sweet, sour, crunchy, soft – These are the words I’d use if I had to just give adjectives to this salad.

Grilled carrot & Chickpea salad

The dressing made it look like a curried salad, but grilling the carrots retains the crunch and imparts the flavour of the dressing to the bite. Perfect!

Cumin, coriander based dressing

When I was planning for this salad, I happened to see the blueberries in my pantry, something that has not been used in a long time now that I have almost given up baking. And I immediately thought of the words sweet and crunchy. That’s how these beauties got to star in this salad!

Blueberries

Grilled carrot and chick pea salad

Grilled Carrot & Chick pea salad
Preparation time - 10 min
Cooking time - 15 min
Level - Easy

Ingredients
Carrots - 2-3, medium sized, peeled and cut in cubes
Chick peas - 1/2 C, soaked overnight and pressure cooked
Spring onions – 2-3 , chopped fine
Blueberries - 1/2 C, dried or fresh ones
Sunflower seeds - 1/4 C, toasted

Dressing
Cumin powder - 1 Tsp
Coriander powder - 1 Tsp
Brown sugar - 1 Tbsp
Olive oil - 1/2 Tbsp
Lemon juice - 1 Tbsp
Chilli powder - 1/2 Tsp
Salt - to taste

Instructions
Mix all the dressing ingredients together.
Toss the carrots, spring onions and chick peas with the dressing.
Spread this on a wide plate and grill for 10-15 min.
Garnish with the blueberries and sunflower seeds and serve.

2 comments:

I would love to hear from you... know if you liked the recipes, photographs or if you plain vanilla want to talk to me...