Aug 26, 2013

Chargrilled Vegetables… as a meal!

Yes, chargrilled vegetables can be a meal too! If you don’t trust me, try it and see.

Chargrilled vegetables

I had a bunch of these veggies in my fridge and the only thing I could think of today was to oven roast them. I didn’t think of a dressing nor an accompaniment. The veggies as they were, roasted, of course.

Chargrilled vegetables

Chargrilled Vegetables
Level – Medium [easy, if you know how to roast the veggies in a oven without burning them]
Preparation/Cooking time – 1 hr
Serves – 1, but you can make smaller portions and serve 4

Ingredients
Zucchini – 1, sliced thin
Tomatoes – 2, sliced thin
Brinjal – 2, sliced thin
Bell peppers – 2, sliced thin

Olive oil – 2 Tbsp
Salt – to taste

Instructions
Spread the vegetables on a baking sheet and drizzle olive oil on these.
Sprinkle salt and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200 C for atleast 45 min.
Keep checking once every 15 min to ensure that the vegetables are not completely black or turn to coal.
Serve once most of the veggies are chargrilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you... know if you liked the recipes, photographs or if you plain vanilla want to talk to me...